Thursday, December 6, 2007

Linked In

Hey again, my adoring fan,
I got my first angry caller last evening, and he was ranting about how Jerry Seinfeld is not Seinfeld; instead that Larry David was Seinfeld, which is just ludicrous. See below.

But, first off, this is not a radio show, this is a web-based dialogue, where I do most of the dialoguery. So, shut your trap hole, and/or type words. I have taken great pains to add blogging to my repertoire and I have little interest in engaging in real time live debate with you regarding topics that are more fluidly constructed on the page (where I have the decided advantage... because I am taller here.)

Second off, I was speaking with a family member who got disheartened when he found out from the blog that I was not feeling well. It turns out that the blog is now my conduit to relay information about myself, which is pretty sweet. Even though it upset a reader (and a family member) that I had little else to add to the telephone conversation (because he knew about the sickness,) we could proceed to how he was doing.
So, I have now used the blog to replace telephone conversations with people because unless they are calling to catch me up on some important tidbit about their day or their life (e.g. Brad Pitt left Jennifer Anniston to go out with Angelina Jolie,) I no longer have anything to say about my day. And isn't that why people talk to me? To be entertained for three to seven minutes?
Thank goodness that I removed telephone calls from repertoire because the talking really puts a strain on my beautiful voice (i.e. frequency distortion, which alters my voice from a soulful depth to a robotic gruff.)

Third off, I wanted to clarify my policy regarding links. I support links and I would like to include a link section in my blog to other blogs and websites (when someone shows Papa Bear how to use this gizmo), but at this point in time, I have no intention to make daily links a part of my repertoire.
The daily links to other good material would be an unnecessary way for me to avoid typing (which is not really that difficult for my rich, textured fingers.)

Finally off, I just wanted to let you know that my football game with cones is going down this Saturday at the date and time I specified, so if you are supposed to be there, be there. If you are not supposed to be there...
As playing football has now been part of my weekly repertoire for almost 8 months, I feel like my teammates and I are properly linked and and synched and I don't have to call them to remind them. But I will anyway... unless I get lazy... which I probably will. So, this is the reminder.

My number one fan,
ME


PS: You can tell by the name of the show, Seinfeld, which guy held all of those cooky characters together. He was more than the substance of that show; he was the funny glue guy. Would the show be able to move forward without a George or a Kramer or an Elaine? Of course, they could replace any one of them with a summer George or a zany neighbor without skipping a beat. And lest you say that Larry David was the guy behind the scenes, I tell you, nay, as I dare you to try to figure out which seasons Larry David picked to skip out on. Why? Because when he was gone, the show did not miss a heart-beat. I'm not saying Curb or Larry David is not funny, I saw him do a bit about Hitler and magic that was extremely funny; I am just saying that Seinfeld was hilarious because Jerry as the straight man took all of these funny guys and made them hilarious.
Sorry about my rant there, but Thursday night watching Seinfeld (TV program) with my parents and brother (family members) eating Hunan Park (Chinese food) was the most important part of my repertoire growing up and it linked me with all that is good and funny in this world (though mostly funny, and Superman taught me what was good. Flying is good.) (Though I really hate ending these things with something in parentheses.)

No comments:

Post a Comment